Working Style: You will be required to work in our Hartlepool office on a Tuesday and Wednesday, with the flexibility to work the other days from home.
Here at NEC Software Solutions our Change Team are always keeping ahead of the game to ensure all our internal staff and external customers are supported through the change lifecycle. Due to growth and numerous business wins we need a new member to join our Change Team and help to manage multiple contracts and services alongside the Change and Service Managers.
Our Change and Configuration Analysts follow and adhere to the Cyber Service & Technology Change Management Process which allows for a smooth lifecycle in all our projects.
Here are just a few of the responsibilities of the role – don’t worry if you don’t have experience completing all of these activities, our fantastic internal team can have you trained up in no time!
- Assess requests to ensure information provided is relevant and correct
- Provide support to officers and groups to complete impact assessments
- Assess Impact Assessments to complete risk assessments
- Prepare for/host CABs and follow up with suitable documentation
- Maintain a Forward Schedule of Change
- Ensure scheduled outages are recorded
- Co-ordinate with external NEC departments when appropriate
- Liaise with Change Owners where appropriate
- Liaise with Customer Change Managers
- Complete a review of requests to ensure all relevant activities have been completed and documentation/information has been provided
- Update and action all tasks and approvals assigned to the Change Management group within OLA
- Ensure tasks within CST are completed within a timely manner by chasing and escalating as appropriate
- Ensure the Config Management process is adhered to and support the offshore Config Analysts
- Perform audit and accuracy checks to ensure the CMDB is up-to-date and accurate for all contracts
- Be the primary point of reference for questions, suggestions and complaints for change & release, and configuration management.
- Analyse records and reports for trends or problems and look at improvements
- Provide training and advice for NEC teams and contracts
In order to be successful in this role we would ideally look for a candidate who had most if not all of the following:
- Experience working to ITIL
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel – particularly focused around analysing change data
- Previous experience creating documentation outlining analysed data
- Basic Understanding of the Service Management Processes
- Experience Liaising with all levels of internal stakeholders
- Experience with customer-facing responsibilities
- Experience using a Service Management Tool
You don’t have to have the below, because our fantastic team can train you up on these – but it would be great if you had:
- Experience using Ivanti (ISM)
- ITIL Foundation Accreditation
- Experience working within a Change Management enviroment
We pride ourselves in offering an excellent benefits package, including an above average pension scheme. When you join the team at NEC Software Solutions, you are provided with the following:
- Private Medical Cover funded by NEC for Employees (with the option to add family members at an additional cost)
- 25 days paid holiday with the option to buy/sell
- 4 x basic salary life assurance cover funded by NEC (with the option to increase cover at an additional cost)
- A Group Pension Plan with fantastic employer contributions up to a maximum of 8.5%
- A selection of flexible benefits to suit your individual needs
Candidates must be able to demonstrate a pre-existing right to work and travel within the UK. Documentary evidence will be required.
All offers are subject to satisfactory vetting and reference checks. Depending on the nature of the role a Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check may also be required.
NEC Software Solutions is an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all communities.
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.