Are you a caring and compassionate person with the desire to make a positive difference to the lives of our incredible Children & Young people?
Do you feel like you have what it takes to make a difference to a young person’s life?
We have numerous Ofsted rated outstanding residential homes in the North East Region and we are looking for confident, resilient staff to join our teams.
The Young People we care for have variety of complex needs. The teams in the homes provide 24-hour support for each young person.
This can include but is not limited to-
· educational support
· active support
· leisure pursuits
· social identity
· family maintenance
· access to specialist professionals
we provide residential care for young people aged 8-18 years with placements being short, medium or long-term. Young people come from a variety of different setting which may include, home, foster care, adoption placements or other residential placements that have ended. Many of the young people have experienced a number of placements, multiple care workers and repeated change/loss.
We work towards providing stability, getting young people back to their families, onto other foster care homes, alternative residential placements, onto independent living
New Starter – £10.57
Qualified – £11.21
Sleep in – £30.00 per sleep
Must hold a valid UK Driving Licence
Level 3 Health & Social Care qualification in Residential Care (desirable but not essential)
WE DO NOT OFFER WORK SPONSORSHIP
Shifts 10.00 am – 11.00 pm – Sleep – 7.00 am – 10.30am
10.00 am – 10 pm
Sleeps Up to 10 per month
Candidates must be available to do all shifts and sleeps ins.
Company Pension scheme, Health Benefits programme, Cambian Extra’s group discount vouchers and ‘Love to shop’, Salary Sacrifice Car Scheme, Annual Leave entitlement 234 hours per year, Discretionary Sick Pay, and many more!
Experience not necessary as we provide induction course and extensive on- going training programme; including funded registration on Level 3 Diploma.
Extensive career opportunities, as the largest childcare provider in the UK. Typical route to management, for those motivated to do so, is as follows:
· 2 years front line care work, qualifying with Level 3 Diploma
· 2 years Team Leader
· Progression to Management
However, within such a large provider there are many diverse career paths, such as Clinical practitioner, education, training, or facilities.
The skills we expect our staff to have:-
· A passion for working with young people
· A good team player
· Excellent communication skills
· Strong determination
· Effective leadership
· A willingness to learn and adapt
· Providing encouragement (getting ready for school, college or work)
· Care planning
· Transportation (use of company car)
· Meal planning
· Meeting the needs of the Children and Young People
· Organising and facilitating social activities
· Maintaining the home (laundry, cleaning, shopping etc.)
· Liaising with external Stakeholders and our own multi-disciplinary team
· Managing complex behaviours and crisis intervention
· Supporting with personal care
· Be a role model by promoting autonomy and encouraging independence whilst practicing a healthy and active lifestyle
· Lead by example whilst following company and Ofsted guidelines especially around behaviours and positive behavioural plans
Who are we?
We are The Cambian group, the largest independent provider of care and education for children and young people. We believe that everyone has a personal best. Those we care for and those who care for them. You will find that you are part of a close, supportive team, all focused on achieving the best outcome for everyone. The better we work together, the more we can help the people we care for achieve their personal best too. Whether that is in terms of helping someone to achieve their personal potent
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.