COSTAIN GROUP PLC
Are you a Cost Engineer looking for a new opportunity where you can utilise, develop and grow your Cost Engineering Skills and Career? We have a fantastic opportunity on our EDF Project Controls Resource Framework at Hartlepool, to be involved in the exciting challenge of defueling and decommissioning the AGR nuclear power stations. This is a first of a kind endeavour in the UK.
This role requires CTC level Security clearance, therefore the ability to obtain CTC clearance is essential.
As Cost Engineer, you will be a fundamental part of our Project Controls team responsible for providing cost management support to the EDF Energy work portfolio. You will be embedded into the client team working alongside other Costain colleagues, our client and their suppliers. Your core Cost Engineering responsibilities will require you to carry out all aspects of cost management and reporting.
This role offers:
• Some Hybrid / Flexible Working
• Multidiscipline teams – working with PM’s, technical leads, engineers
• Opportunity to work at Hartlepool Station station and learn more about Nuclear and its place in Net Zero
• Progression and development – clear development path through to more senior roles, including opportunities to achieve professional accreditation such as APM and ACoste.
• Opportunity for lateral movement – supportive of wider development and progression into new roles
• Control, monitor, analyse and report cost related aspects for designated projects within a Portfolio
• Performance Analysis- identify & understand variances against the baseline
• Cost Reconciliation
• Monthly reporting including status reports & accountability meetings with stakeholders
• Cost Forecasting
• Baseline Management
• Change & Risk Management
• Development and use of Project Control Structures (CBS, OBS, WBS etc.)
• Close working relationship with the Planning Project team to maintain an aligned financial position with the project plan, playing a key role in an integrated Project Delivery team
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• Self-motivated with good interpersonal skills working in a team environment
• Experience across the project and programme lifecycle (e.g. Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Installation/Commissioning processes)
• High level of numeracy and excellent analytical skills
• Exhibits awareness of the level of interaction required with the project team function to support the successful delivery of projects
• Experience using estimating, scheduling, programming and risk tools.
• Experience of Earned Value Analysis / Earned Value Management (EVM)
• Good attention to detail & time management skills
• Excellent MS Office skills and well versed in the preparation of reports and information using packages such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Relevant experience in Project Controls and/or Project Delivery, preferably in a highly regulated environment
• Minimum of HNC/HND ideally in a cost related discipline or relevant experience
• MACostE desirable
Costain helps to improve people’s lives with integrated, leading edge, smart infrastructure solutions across the UK’s energy, water, transportation and defence markets. We help our clients improve their business performance by increasing capacity, improving customer service, safeguarding security, enhancing resilience, decarbonising and delivering increased efficiency. Our vision is to be the UK’s leading smart infrastructure solutions company. We will achieve this by focusing on blue chip clients whose major spending plans are underpinned by strategic national needs, regulatory commitments, legislation or essential performance requirements. We offer our clients leading edge solutions that are digitally optimised through the following five services which cover the whole lifecycle of their assets: future-shaping strategic consultancy; consultancy and advisory; digital technology solutions; asset optimisation and complex programme delivery. Our culture and values underpin everything we do.
Should you require any adjustments to support you in your application, please do not hesitate to contact us: [email protected]
We welcome all applicants regardless of age, race, faith, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, socioeconomic background and physical or neurological disabilities.
We welcome you to ask about the flexibility you need for dynamic working. Such as, working part-time, remote working, or compressed hours. In return, we will explore what is possible.
To find out more about our Inclusion strategy, please visit our ED&I page:
Right to Work & Security Checks
Understandably given the nature of our business, everyone who is employed at Costain must undergo thorough referencing checks. We will need different information depending on the job we have offered you. For all roles, we’ll carry out a criminal record check and we’ll ask to see evidence that you have the legal right to work in the UK.
For some of our roles, you may be required to obtain and maintain security clearance of at least Security Check level (or SC clearance). To satisfy the requirements, you will need to have been a legal UK resident for a minimum of 5 years and have successfully complete all stages of the vetting process.
Please note that Costain reserves the right to bring forward the closing date of any of its job vacancies if we receive a suitable number of quality applications from which to make a shortlist. Therefore, we recommend at you apply as soon as possible rather than wait until the published closing date.
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to the Disability Confident website:
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.