Delivery and support the delivery of the portfolio of LV & MV Variable Speed Drives services to meet customer's needs, including hands on technical maintenance and repair activities on site, supporting factory activities and direct customer technical support.
Experience in LV/MV Switchgear maintenance and commissioning would also be advantageous
Global Electrification Industry leading organisation
- Works independently or in a team to install modified test repair inspect company products and equipment.
- Performs and coordinates complex and diverse engineering activities associated with field projects.
- Interprets technical drawings, schematics and makes changes as necessary in the field to reflect work carried out on site.
- Increases product and technical knowledge through factory or third-party training, technical manuals and conventional or non-conventional resources.
- Troubleshoot repair equipment and systems, applying personal knowledge and experience.
- Provide technical advice to customers on site and remotely.
- Works closely with project managers (as and when) to coordinate site effectivity. Assume role of site manager on some projects.
- Assumes the role of mentor advisor to less experienced company personnel and customers.
- Ensures quality and safe operations in the field.
- Represents the company in conferences and meetings with customers as and when required.
- Prepares and provides input for technical documents such as specification quotation procedures or technical reports.
- Reports opportunities and issues to the management team.
- Prepares timesheet service reports expense sheets and all the documentation immediately following the work assignment.
- Promotes to customer ways to optimise their operations or general improvements.
- Seeks other opportunities promote customer satisfaction foster harmonious business relationships.
- Good sense of urgency to customers' needs good customer relationship displays integrity professional attitude.
- Trustworthy and efficient.
- Good leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Possesses good communication skills and decisive.
· Degree in electrical engineering or Electrical Apprenticeship and five or more years' experience in a system / automation environment. (Marine or Port desirable)
· In depth knowledge of ABB products especially circuit breakers, switchboards and protection and hands-on experience a distinct advantage
· Alternatively, a special combination of education, experience and or demonstrated capability. Familiarity with marine offshore work environment and procedures how highly desirable.
· Candidates must already have a work authorisation, that would permit them to work for in the UK
Grade 4 Car
<10% Matched Pension
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.