Imperial Recruitment Group
Imperial Professionals is delighted to announce that we are working exclusively with one of our high-profile clients to appoint an Electrical & Instrument (E&I) Engineer on a permanent basis.
Job Title: Electrical & Instrument (E&I) Engineer
Package: Competitive basic plus fantastic benefits.
Employment Opportunity: Permanent
Overview of the role:
The overall purpose of the E&I Engineer is to maximise plant availability by optimising and improving the reliability performance and provide technical electrical and instrument engineering input to problem solving activities.
Key Responsibilities are but not limited to:
* Complete detailed technical specification of plant electrical equipment and instrument repairs, ensuring that the repairs are planned, approved and completed to the required standard including the selection of specialist service providers.
* Provide technical E&I engineering support to the plant team and take an active role in troubleshooting and problem-solving activities.
* Provide technical E&I engineering support during PM events and outages to resolve emergent issues and technically specify emergent work.
* Keep up to date with latest technologies and reliability improvement techniques and drive continuous improvement of the plant’s reliability performance by identifying and implementing improvement opportunities to achieve the current and future capacity, variable costs and product quality.
* Provide technical E&I engineering input to safety reviews, safety committees, risk assessments and incident investigations and complete appropriate actions arising from these.
* Maintain and update the area E&I life plan ensuring timely recommendation of CAPEX replacement and repair.
* Ensuring adherence to the site engineering standards and promote a right first-time approach.
* Ensure thorough E&I engineering assessment of plant modifications so that any changes to technology, plant operating and maintenance methods, plant equipment or staffing are evaluated appropriately to mitigate the engineering risks.
To be considered for this fantastic opportunity you will have:
* Relevant degree in Electrical Engineering.
* Chartered Engineer status or working towards Chartered status.
* Demonstrable experience in the Upper Tier COMAH manufacturing sector.
* A good working knowledge of the Electricity at Work Regulations and relevant British Standards.
* Extensive experience in both HV and LV experience up to and including 11 kV networks.
* Experienced in leading problem-solving teams both cross-functional and within Production, Engineering and Technical functions (lead, coach, engage).
* Proven ability to think through problems, undertake appropriate analysis and take effective actions.
For more information on this fantastic opportunity please contact Adam Pearson at Imperial Professionals
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.