Job Title: Electrical Team Member
Business: Tata Steel Tubes
Location: Hartlepool (TS25)
Salary: The basic annual salary will be £41,008 (Inclusive of shift allowance) with further salary progression to £45,043 (Inclusive of shift allowance) upon demonstration of additional site specific competencies
Closing Date: Sunday 4th June 2023
A vacancy has arisen for an Electrical Team Member to join the Engineering team based at the 20” Pipe Mill, Hartlepool.
Tata Tube Products are one of Europe’s leading pipe suppliers with a long and successful track record in the energy industry. We offer products and services that enable energy resources to be extracted, transported, processed and distributed all the way to the final consumer. Our products and services are specially packaged to meet our client’s needs whether they are in the Oil Country Tubular Goods (OCTG), Offshore Pipeline, Process Plant or Onshore Pipeline sectors of the industry.
The purpose of this position is to provide first-line technical expertise to manufacturing areas to ensure maximum availability of mechanical/electrical equipment within the 20” Mill.
This position will operate on shift pattern working 12 hour Days and Nights, 2 days, 2 nights and 4 days off.
The candidate will be working as part of a small multi-disciplined engineering team reporting to a team leader and shift engineer.
You will be assisting the engineering team to carry out preventative maintenance, installation and breakdown activities as required. You must ensure health, safety and environmental standards are maintained and safe working procedures are followed. You will be responsible for conducting all aspects of the job in a safe manner and adhere to statutory and mandatory safety regulations, procedures and policies.
You will provide first line technical expertise and knowledge to identify and rectify faults in complex systems to minimise plant downtime. You will be responsible for suggesting and implementing improvements to process control systems. Also to ensure that any deficiencies found are repaired expediently and that repairs are robust enough to prevent a recurrence. You will be assisting the engineering team to carry out maintenance, installation and breakdown activities as required.
Applicants must have:
- Completed an electrical apprenticeship (ideally gained in an industrial environment)
- Recognised Electrical Maintenance Qualification (level 3, BTEC NC, NVQ/equivalent or above)
- A systematic problem solving approach (accurate problem description, ability to rank potential causes in order and communicate next step activities).
- Good interpersonal skills and an ability to articulate efficiently with a range of individuals on site.
- Knowledge and use of computer software
Have experience of:
- Working effectively within a team
- Industrial/domestic wiring
- Overhead Cranes & associated safety systems.
- PLC’s in the main Siemens & Allen Bradley including HMI’s
- Expertise with AC and DC motor/gearbox drive systems of various configurations
- Variable speed motor control with inverters and converters, including speed feedback devices
- Interpret electrical drawings
It would be an advantage to be HNC qualified within an electrically based subject and have an awareness of:
- ASI, SCADA, PLC & PC Networks
- Safety related control systems
- Calibration techniques for temperature, weight & length measure systems.
- Supervisory experience
- SAP & basic Microsoft office IT skills
- Health & safety (IOSH etc)
The successful candidate will ideally have a background in heavy engineering manufacturing.
Tata Steel UK offers their employees significant benefits packages. For this role, you will benefit from:
• A market competitive salary
• 35 days holidays per annum
• Annual Pay Review
• Quarterly Bonus Scheme – subject to business performance
• Private Healthcare Scheme (Individual cover)
• One of the UK’s leading defined contribution pension schemes (10% employer contribution / 6% employee contribution)
We also have an extensive list of lifestyle benefits including free onsite parking at all of our sites, an employee assistance programme as well as Employee discount scheme for companies including Vodafone, Jaguar Land Rover and also various local services.
Tata Steel is one of the world’s top 10 steel producers. The combined group has an annual aggregate crude steel capacity of more than 33 million tonnes with approximately 80,000 employees across four continents. We’re part of the Tata Group, one of the largest, most diverse conglomerates in the world with businesses in the UK including Tata Steel, Jaguar Land Rover and Tetley Tea.
Sustainability is at the very heart of what we do and we are dedicated to managing our operations responsibly and to continuously improving our performance. Innovating for tomorrow, making a positive impact today.
Tata Steel in the UK is committed to our ambition of reducing energy consumption and to becoming a carbon neutral steelmaker by 2045, to find out more about our journey click here https://youtu.be/qs-0RpEdP1M
To learn more about who we are and what we can offer our future employees, please click on the link to watch the following video: https://youtu.be/Nsh00zEmH7k
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.