Graduate Level Engineer (Nuclear)
We are looking for talented engineers who are graduating or are recently graduated and are passionate about the Nuclear Industry and are driven to work and learn valuable engineering skills in a dynamic environment. This position is for a Graduate level Engineer who will be part of the site based Equipment Reliability Team or Defueling Preparations Team at a UK Nuclear Power Station.
We will consider engineers who are graduating, or have graduated in the following disciplines at minimum BEng or BSc level;
• Chemical Engineers
• Electrical and Electronic Engineering
• C&I Control and Instrumentation
• Mechanical Engineering,
Other disciplines considered:
• Engineers where modules have been covered in Nuclear Operations/Engineering will also be considered.
• Engineers who have been graduated for over 1 year and have relevant experience will also be considered.
• Engineers with previous experience in nuclear industry, (C&I Control/ Electrical and Electronic) with HNC, HND qualifications.
Duration of Position
Full-time (38h/week) with an initial fixed duration of 1 year with a view to make permanent.
The successful applicants will work within our Project Teams at Hartlepool Nuclear Power Station. You will work as part of our existing Equipment Reliability Acceleration (ERA) Team or Defueling Preparations Team. On a day to day basis, this work could involve, but is not limited to the following:
• Identification and implementation of changes to the operation and maintenance of the power station,
• Ensuring that risk is managed throughout station processes and that quality is maintained through all aspects of the engineering process,
• Ensure that Single Point Vulnerabilities on site are identified and managed correctly within Internal and Regulatory frameworks,
• Take part in Performance Monitoring and diagnostics of Air/Motor Operated Valves to ensure the smooth and continued reliability of the plant;
• Supporting projects which aim to prepare the station for future defueling and decommissioning activities.
As part of these projects, you will gain a broad and in-depth understanding of risk management, design, operations and decommissioning within a large generating site.
Security Clearance Checks
Due to the nature of the work, the candidates must have a suitable background that will allow them to achieve UK security clearance (please note that this is very difficult to achieve within the timescales for non UK nationals, and you will subject to a screening process prior to interview to ensure that you meet the security clearance criteria).
By applying for this role you will be agreeing to undertake initial security clearance screening and will be asked to provide evidence of your eligibility for security clearance.
• This opportunity has high visibility and maintains a valuable profile for us through which you will form part of our client facing team as such, excellent interpersonal and written skills are required.
• It is essential that you have your own transport/clean driving license.
A competitive package is offered with benefits.
What our Graduates say;
Having joined the ERAT program straight out of university, where I had primarily carried out theoretical electrical engineering work, it was a great opportunity for me to kick-start my career and see first-hand how engineering theory is put into practice in the real world.
One of the main highlights for me was being embedded in a team of multidisciplinary engineers within the Clients site who you cannot help but learn from every day; I give credit to this aspect of the ERAT program for really helping to broaden my knowledge into other disciplines, particularly mechanical and C&I.
Where the ERAT program stands out from many other graduate opportunities is that it is not merely a desk job – you are placed in an operational site where you are encouraged to familiarise yourself and participate in walk downs of operational plant. Knowing how something works on paper is good, being able to see how that translates into the real world is great.
If you are looking to jump into a career in power, equipment reliability and asset integrity, or simply looking for an opportunity to broaden your knowledge of engineering processes in the real world then I would recommend considering becoming a member of an ERAT team.
Leanne, Senior Engineer
How to Apply
We are looking for driven and conscientious individuals to form a part of one of our site based teams. If you feel you have the ability, aptitude and ambition to join us, please send your CV and cover letter including your achievements and background stating why you are a strong fit for this role to The Risktec Resource Team. Previous applicants need not apply.
The successful candidate will be based at Hartlepool Nuclear Power Station working for our major nuclear client and will be mentored and managed by Principal Engineers from Risktec Solutions Ltd with day to day management by site based personnel.
Travel and Location
This role is based at Hartlepool Power Station, Please ensure that you have made yourself aware of the locations and that you have considered your accommodation and travel arrangements to and from work when applying
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.