Role: Learning Support Assistant
Start date: 17th April 2023
An exciting new opportunity to support young people in need of extra support due to additional learning and/or behavioural needs.
Teaching Personnel are currently looking to recruit a full-time Learning Support Assistant to join one of our successful client secondary schools in the Teesside area.
The 11-18 secondary school and sixth form college, located in Hartlepool, had been providing the local community with high quality Catholic education and pastoral care for nearly 50 years. The faith school prides itself on the values of compassion, justice, honesty, self-belief, respect responsibility, confidence and resilience. The sixth form college boasts a recent 100% pass rate at A-Level in summer 2022 including 89% of students achieving A*-C grade.
About this role:
- Full-time Learning Support Assistant role
- Supporting a students on a 1:1 and small group basis
- Post starting 17th April 2023
- 11-16 secondary school locted in Hartlepool
- Competitive pay rates of £72-85 a day depending on experience
- Experience of working with individuals who have learning or behavioural needs, either in a professional or personal capacity, or skills which are transferrable to this role
- Youth work or care work would also be considered as relevant experience
- Passionate about helping pupils on a 1-1 or small group basis
- TA qualifications desirable but not essential
Teaching Personnel are the leading provider of education staff in the UK, making a difference everyday through staffing, intervention and supply. Our ethos promotes passion for education, team spirit, championing quality and always improving. Do these values align with yours?
If this sounds like you, please submit your CV as soon as possible using the link provided below. If you would like more information, please contact the Tyne Tees Secondary Branch. We look forward to hearing from you.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQ’s on the Teaching Personnel website for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.