An additional role has arisen for a Mortgage Underwriter due to our growth plans for 2023. Having recently successfully recruited for the Underwriting team, we now have an additional vacancy for an Underwriter with previous mortgage experience to work as part of our wider Underwriting team reporting into the Head of Underwriting. You will be working alongside a team of underwriters and be working for a leading Buy to Let mortgage company who have continued to grow during 2023/24 and who can offer career progression and development. The opportunity is based in Fleet working the hours of Mon to Fri 9am 5pm with a part home/part office hybrid work pattern available too upon the successful completion of the probationary period of 3 months. You will receive a salary of GBP30 to GBP38k depending on experience, plus 25 days holiday, non-contributory pension, private healthcare, life assurance and income protection. The role would suit candidates with proven previous mortgage underwriting experience now seeking the next step in their career. We will consider candidates across the underwriting skill set spectrum, from those at the start of their career to candidates keen to progress to a Senior role, building upon existing experience.
The Underwriter will report to the Underwriter Team Leader and Operations Manager and will support our customers and third parties. You will accurately analyse and understand key elements of all mortgage applications at every level of the process through to offer, whilst ensuring adherence to our policies and procedures. You will have an underwriting mandate up to GBP500k.
The role will involve:
• Work to agreed objectives, service standards and deliverables.
• Ensure relevant documentation and information received is checked for adherence to policy and criteria.
• Deal with queries and enquiries effectively, accurately, and professionally, delivering excellent customer service.
• Provide a prompt reply to all written correspondence.
• Develop positive working relationships with colleagues.
• Make suggestions for improvements to processes to enhance service and efficiency.
• Adhere to internal/external compliance, credit review and audit requirements.
• Apply all aspects of the desired consumer outcomes of Treating the Customer Fairly (TCF).
• Use initiative to resolve queries outside own area of expertise.
• Train and mentor new team members.
• Take responsibility for your own learning and development.
• All other associated duties and responsibilities and carry out any tasks as required by management
To be successful for the Underwriter position you will ideally have experience of underwriting within the mortgage industry with a strong underwriting or completions background, Proven ability to exercise good commercial and professional judgment. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. PC literate with a good knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. CeMAP preferred or a willingness to study.
Please submit your CV asap for immediate consideration.
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.