About the role
At Tesco Pharmacy, we always keep customers at the heart of what we do, from our specially trained Pharmacists providing information and support on cancer, heart diseases and diabetes to dispensing medication.
Our stores make sure our Pharmacists always receive uninterrupted breaks away from the pharmacy, to help them relax, refuel and recharge on or off site. Our pharmacy teams are supported by trained multi-skilled colleagues from across the store, available to support when required to maintain safe staffing and flexibility.
You will be responsible for
Whilst working part of a close team, some of your responsibilities will be:
- Making sure our expertise and medicines are easily accessed, providing patient services, dispensing, and giving healthcare advice.
- Advising customers on the common signs and symptoms of cancer, heart disease and diabetes
- Leading, motivating, training, and developing your colleagues.
- Building working relationships with Primary Care Networks and GP surgeries
- Carefully checking that payment claims are accurate for anything covered by the NHS.
- Using our modern planning systems to ensure we have the right number of colleagues and pharmacists on duty to meet customer needs
You will need
- A Pharmacy Degree
- A passion for leading and empowering a team.
- Membership of the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC)
** Pharmacists working for Tesco will have to complete a DBS check (organised by Tesco) prior to commencement of employment.
What’s in it for you
Our Pharmacies are led and supported exclusively by Pharmacists; we are always looking to develop new ways to deliver the best service possible for our communities.
Along with providing a secure and flexible work environment, we offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual payment of your GPhC fee
- Annual Bonus Scheme
- Tesco store discount savings up to £1500 per year on most Tesco purchases
- An exclusive to Tesco pharmacy training programme in partnership with Diabetes UK, Cancer Research UK and British Heart Foundation) to support our customers with questions or their concerns on Cancer, Heart & Circulatory disease and Diabetes.
- Starting at 28 days Holiday (including bank holidays) + 1 personal day
- Contributory pension scheme
- A structured training plan for Pharmacy Leadership, crafted by industry specialists
- Competitive maternity, paternity & adoption leave
- Great colleague deals and discounts, saving you money on everyday purchases, eating out and utility bills for the home
- For those requiring it, expert support and assistance through the application process for the new UK health and social care visa process
Click here to read more about the benefits we have available for our colleagues.
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.