Practitioner Planning Engineer
Are you a Planning Engineer of Practitioner level ready for a new opportuntiy to Join our framework delivery team?
Do you have nuclear licensed site experience, or have worked within other highly regulated industries?
Are you competent in using Primavera P6?
Do you have or are able to attain UK level SC & CTC Clearance?
If so, this role could be a great fit. So please get in touch.
The Generation Services business team supports our key client Nuclear Generation with regards their nuclear fleet in the UK. This is a key role within our Project Management Resource team which is spread across our UK network at all UK sites and stations. You will be part of a large client lead team at Hartlepool Power Station and this role will support multiple projects within their UK wide project portfolio with a focus on nuclear defueling and nuclear decommissioning.
The position is accountable to the client Project Controls Group Head, PPM and/or Operations Manager and are responsible to develop & manage schedules to incorporate risk, change, resource requirements and cost in accordance with Generation Company requirements and standards.
The Planning Engineer will create plans for the full project lifecycle including development and design in the Nuclear Defueling team, supporting delivery of the client’s ALR2 commitments.
Everyone working in our team will have a proven track record of working within highly regulated environments with high safety standards and culture.
Good communication and organisational skills are a must with the ability to develop relationships and maintain effective networks and be results-focused with a team-centred approach.
- Minimum of HNC/HND ideally in an Engineering discipline or relevant experience.
- Breadth of experience across whole project and programme lifecycle. (e.g., Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Installation/Commissioning processes).
- Experienced in the latest version of Primavera.
- Ability to develop, control, monitor, analyse and report on schedule related aspects for designated projects within a Portfolio.
- Establish and monitor a cost and resource loaded, logic linked, baseline plan for the project in accordance with Programme Office processes.
- Capture project budgetary costs and resources in the plan to determine time phasing of expenditure and the total project budget.
- Able to establish robust Work Breakdown and Project Control Structures in terms of project scope, in accordance with Investment Delivery processes, templates and Procedures.
- Experienced to challenge as necessary to ensure compatibility and compliance.
- Leadership to ensure that the project plan embraces the full project work scope, is fit for purpose and is achievable.
- Knowledge to maintain and control project baselines in line with company procedures and guidance.
- Monitor, control and analyse the project programme and cost information using Earned Value methodologies
- Experienced to integrate 3rd party schedules and data into the overall project plan.
- Ability to communicate well at all levels of management and can produce monthly reports, to an agreed reporting cycle, through the provision of intelligent information and analysis.
Millbank Holdings Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and respects diversity. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons who are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Millbank is proud to be a member of the ‘Disability Confident Scheme’. Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.