Imperial Recruitment Group
Imperial Professionals is delighted to announce that we are working exclusively with one of our high-profile clients to appoint a Process Automation Manager on a permanent basis.
Job Title: Process Automation Manager
Location: Teesside / Hybrid
Package: Competitive basic plus fantastic benefits.
Employment Opportunity: Permanent
The primary objective of the Process Automation Manager position is to take responsibility for the efficient operation of the DCS and local PLC systems at the Teesside site. This entails ensuring their maintenance, reliability, and overseeing structural and program changes to mitigate production-related risks associated with the DCS system.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Develop and implement strategies for maintaining and enhancing the reliability of DCS/PLC systems to minimise disruptions to production.
- Monitor the performance of DCS/PLC systems to ensure alignment with plant requirements and achieve the necessary reliability and uptime targets.
- Assess the capacity and capabilities of DCS/PLC systems to ensure they meet operational needs and support potential site improvements.
- Mitigate reliability risks, such as obsolescence, associated with these systems.
- Establish appropriate maintenance schedules, manage spare parts inventory, and oversee contracts related to DCS/PLC systems.
- Define and gain approval for the site's long-term strategy and the evolution of DCS/PLC systems. Implement continuous improvement initiatives, including design, evaluation, and deployment.
- Develop and maintain standards, procedures, and system documentation for DCS/PLC systems.
- Offer technical expertise, evaluation, and collaboration for site technical staff and project teams regarding proposed changes to DCS/PLC systems.
- Coordinate proposed changes to DCS/PLC systems to ensure alignment with site objectives, prioritising tasks accordingly. Ensure all changes are properly documented and approved according to established standards.
- Exemplify behaviors that promote a positive values-based culture.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Advanced Process Control, or equivalent vocational qualification.
- Minimum of 10 years of hands-on experience managing and maintaining complex plant control systems.
- Extensive experience in DCS programming and familiarity with PLC control protocols.
- Background in program or project management, ideally in a role similar to DCS Manager.
- Proficiency in Configuration Management and Control of safety-related control systems and production systems.
- Experience with Management of Change (MoC) processes and their implementation in a DCS management environment.
For more information on this fantastic opportunity please contact Travis Townsend at Imperial Professionals.
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.