*Do good. Be great as a doctor.*
Are you a doctor who wants to continue helping people but needs a better work-life balance? Join our Assessments Division and thrive as you use your clinical skills in a different way and help people move forward with their lives.
*About the role*
Day-to-day, you’ll carry out telephone, video or face-to-face assessments to understand how a person’s disability or health condition affects their daily life. You’ll listen to their experiences, ask questions and use your insights to produce a factual report to help the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) determine their eligibility for benefits. It’s important work that has a big impact on real lives, so we’ll make sure you get the time you need with each customer to undertake a quality and respectful service.
Every assessment is different. You might work on complex cases involving veterans or customers with neurological conditions, industrial injuries and respiratory diseases. It’ll be challenging at times, but we’ll support you to manage your caseloads efficiently to deliver the best service. Our colleagues combine the highest levels of integrity with extensive clinical knowledge to offer the best service possible to our customers.
*What we look for*
· A GMC registered doctor with 1 year’s broad post-registration experience
· Someone who’s proactive and keen to learn
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Comfortable working towards individual and team targets, in a supportive environment
· Comfortable working with a diverse range of conditions, including mental health
*What we offer*
Our colleagues are the driving force behind delivering an excellent service. That’s why we go to great lengths to ensure that while they’re taking care of customers, we’re taking care of them.
· Competitive salary
· Flexible working arrangements: you won’t be expected to work long days, do night shifts or take work home. Instead, you can work full time, part time or hybrid in a pattern that gives you genuine work life balance
· Clinical development: we support your continuing medical education and provide time for clinical study with ongoing CPD support
· Career development: we offer training programmes to develop your skills and clinical knowledge, as well as opportunities for progression at every stage of your career – including opportunities to explore other roles within Maximus
· Revalidation support: we support you through the process and refund the cost of your revalidation
· Supportive culture: we offer regular feedback and a coaching tool to help you deliver quality outputs for customers and thrive in your career with us
· Inclusive environment: as a Disability Confident Leader we are committed to creating a fair, inclusive workplace for all. Join one of our colleague networks and champion DE&I initiatives and shape our inclusive culture
· Excellent benefits: we offer a wide range of core and voluntary benefits that can be tailored to meet your needs and personal circumstances
From working with a diverse range of customers to handling challenging situations, this role is a fantastic opportunity to develop your clinical knowledge and hone your assessment skills, while helping people move forward with their lives.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: £72,000.00-£84,200.00 per year
* Additional leave
* Company events
* Company pension
* Cycle to work scheme
* Life insurance
* Referral programme
* Wellness programme
* Work from home
* 8 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
* Bonus scheme
* Do you require sponsorship to work in the UK?
* UK based broad post-registration: 1 year (required)
* GMC Registration (required)
* United Kingdom (required)
Work Location: One location
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.