Creative Support Ltd
We are looking for compassionate individuals to join our dedicated supported living team. If you would like a rewarding role supporting individuals who have learning disabilities and autism to achieve their life goals and join the local community then we would love to hear from you.
Your relief support worker role would include:
- Supporting service users inside their home and in the Hartlepool community
- Supporting service users to retain their independence
- Engaging in activities with the tenants using both verbal and non-verbal communication
- Collaborating with service users, family members and other involved professionals to provide excellent person-centred care for service users
- Working as part of a team and independently across our supported living services
- Administering medication, providing respectful personal care and helping service users retain their dignity at all times
- Some service administration tasks which will require basic computer knowledge
Experience of working with people who have learning disabilities and/or autism is essential for this relief support worker role.
A car driver is preferred for this role but not essential as the services are located within walking distance of each other and are on a good bus route. The shift patterns will be a mix of early and late shifts between the hours of 7am and 10pm depending on the service.
You will be supporting three service users in their own homes. Our service users enjoy a variety of activities, such as going for drives, movie nights and going to the pub! You will support our service users to access the community, maintain housework and live an enjoyable and independent life.
As a Creative Support Bank Staff member you will have access to our free app which allows you to pick up shifts in any area of the country, provides information on the service and shifts as well as directions.
Why you should work for us:
- A one-off bonus of £100 upon successful completion of the 4-month probationary period
- Competitive pay and a pension with company contribution and 28 days annual leave
- Company paid enhanced DBS for all staff
- Free employee support programme
- All our staff are supported 24/7 by our out-of-hours teams
- Support to complete the nationally recognised Care Certificate and Social Care Diploma
Creative Support is a passionate, inclusive, and anti-racist organisation. We are a Stonewall Diversity Champion, Disability Confident Employer who have recently received Investors in People Silver award. We actively encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds and cultures.
We can only accept applications from candidates who are located in and eligible to work within the UK.
We will be interviewing for this role as suitable applications are received and may close this role before the closing date upon a successful candidate being appointed.
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.