Imperial Recruitment Group
Imperial Professionals is delighted to announce that we are working exclusively with one of our high-profile clients to appoint a Responsible Instrument Engineer on a permanent basis.
Job Title: Responsible Instrument Engineer
Package: Competitive basic plus fantastic benefits.
Employment Opportunity: Permanent
Overview of the role:
The overall purpose of the Responsible Instrument Engineer (RIE) role is to ensure that instrument assets are designed, installed, commissioned, maintained, inspected and tested in compliance with UK legislative requirements, companies Engineering standards and recognized best practice. The RIE is responsible for the continuously developing the site instrument asset strategy and competency programme for instrument engineering associates and contractors.
Key Responsibilities are but not limited to:
* Development, leadership and deliver of the site strategy for excellence in instrument and automation engineering, asset integrity and asset life plans, to uphold the business reputation, ensure risks are identified and managed, regulatory compliance is maintained and site assets are capable of meeting production targets.
* Competency assessment, appointment and development of all instrument and automation engineering duty holders including the professional mechanical engineers.
* Technical interface with the Competent Authority (UK HSE), specialist external and engineering services suppliers.
* Responsible for identification, interpretation, compliance assurance and deviation from approval, for instrument and automation engineering standards.
* Ensure site assets are maintained, inspected, repaired and operated in compliance within UK legislation, companies standards and recognized best engineering practice.
* Ensure a professional engineering service is provided in support of the improvement, maintenance, and operation of the site assets including appointment and management of external specialist and companies.
* Approval of repairs and modifications involving EHS critical equipment.
* As a member of the Site Engineering Leadership Team, contribute to the development and implementation of the site engineering strategy, improvement and capital expenditure plans.
* Lead, inspire and sustain a positive values-based culture, that drives high performance and promotes the implementation of engineering best practices.
* Responsible for PSM/COMAH compliance.
To be considered for this fantastic opportunity you will have:
* Degree qualified engineer in an appropriate instrument engineering discipline.
* Member of a professional institution with chartered engineer status.
* Leadership, negotiation, influence and conflict management / resolution skills.
* Experience in programme or project management and specific role within project delivery as Responsible Engineer.
* Demonstrable experience in instrument engineering leadership roles within the chemical and related sectors including in high hazard manufacturing environments (Upper Tier COMAH assets).
* Significant knowledge and experience of instrumentation design and control principles, installation/commissioning, maintenance philosophies and life cycle management.
* Solid understanding of functional safety and experience of working with IEC 61508 and 61511 standards.
* Experience of leading Continuous Improvement activities across a broad spectrum of areas.
For more information on this fantastic opportunity please contact Adam Pearson at Imperial Professionals
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.