Responsible for overseeing the work of the Advisors, assuring quality of application processing, eligibility criteria used and verification checks. Ensures accurate delivery across three service areas, whilst monitoring and managing Service Level Agreements, taking the lead on identifying resource requirements throughout the day. Responsible for the day to day work allocation to Advisors
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Works in a senior role across all Central Government contracts, supporting a team of advisors to process applications and deal directly with citizens to support their queries.
- Has a thorough understanding and working know-how of the 3 service areas, including SLA’s, governance, escalation routes and data security.
- Speak with applicants directly to process information into the NEC System.
- Undertake eligibility checks with the applicant, seeking information direct from the applicant and utilising additional computerised interfaces for confirmation.
- To comply with Processing Services Customer Charter when dealing with all incoming and outbound calls.
- To act on requests for support regarding system access and use by the customer.
- To work as part of the team in achieving targets set by the Service Manager
- To deal with incoming and outgoing correspondence either by telephone, email or letter.
- Deal with and respond to enquiries from clients, citizens and internal colleagues in a positive and professional manner
- Attend training and other events relevant to develop new skills or to refresh or update existing knowledge and skills
- Share your knowledge with others to ensure continuity in your absence, ensuring handover is in place in advance of any planned absence
- Responsible for workload distribution and call queue management to ensure SLAs are achieved.
- Engage directly with the client to maintain a productive and professional relationship.
- Responsible for providing regular client reports in line with contractualobligations.
- Ensure regular 121 meetings and performance updates with staff, taking the lead on any training requirements identified.
- Manage daily, weekly and monthly statistics and report directly to the Service Manager.
- Act as point of contact for the client in terms of system support and technical queries.
- Manage daily, weekly and monthly quality assurance and take the lead on any training requirements identified from this.
- Be the primary contact for escalated calls, appeals and complaints, ensuring the Service Manager is kept updated
- Manage staff rota’s and lieu time requests centrally to ensure business continuity is maintained.
- Has a thorough understanding of the criteria and guidelines under which processing takes place, sharing expertise across the team.
- Is responsible for the Quality Assurance of advisors processing.
- Responsible for the initial review stage of the appeals and complaints process.
- Capture operational reports and statistic on behalf of the Service Manager.
- Provide SLA report to management
- Contribute to escalation and incident report for the Service Manager.
- Prepare operational statistics for internal performance tracking based upon input from local operations
- Deputises for the Team Leader in their absence.
Operational Excellence responsibility:
- Inspire and lead a number of advisors to accurately and professionally deliver against a number of central and local government contracts.
- Ensure advisors are adhering to operational processes
- Responsible for performance management, including identifying training needs of team members (monitoring and coaching Modern Apprentices)
- Looking at service improvement with advisors, using front line experience to support change.
- Implement to the front line, operational process changes initiated by the customer
- Ensures that the management team has an awareness of any issues with service delivery
- Responsible for efficient escalation of customer complaints, to ensure overall customer satisfaction
- Acts as the primary point of escalation for advisor queries
- The above is not exhaustive and may include further duties as directed by Line Management.
- Experience of working in a supervisory role is desirable.
- Experience of contact / processing centre working.
- Experience of processing data with attention to detail and good accuracy
- Excellent telephone manner
- Knowledge of service centre processes, policies and procedures, such as escalation procedures, service level agreements and client service standards.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Excellent knowledge of Google Mail and its additional functions such as: Google Drives, Google Forms, etc.
- Excellent communication and written skills with the ability to work confidently with customers and internal colleagues
- Demonstrable track record of meeting and exceeding operational targets.
- Well organised
- Team worker – able to collaborate with colleagues to improve performance.
We are proud of the benefits we offer employees of NEC Software Solutions
- Private Medical Cover funded by NEC for Employees (with the option to add family members at an additional cost)
- 25 days paid holiday with the option to buy/ sell
- 4 x basic salary life assurance cover funded by NEC (with the option to increase cover at an additional cost)
- A Group Pension Plan with fantastic employer contributions up to a maximum of 8.5%
- A fantastic selection of flexible benefits to suit your individual needs
- We are an employer who cares, we have a invaluable employee assistance programme which can help in every area of your life
- All colleagues get free access to LinkedIn Learning. Over 15000 courses covering a huge breadth of subjects. Learn about what you like, when you like, how you like.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate a pre-existing right to work and travel within the EU. Documentary evidence will be required.
All offers are subject to MOD SC and NPPV security vetting and reference checks. Depending on the nature of the role a Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check may also be required.
NEC Software Solutions is an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all communities.
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.