Biffa Waste Services
Changing the way people think about waste.
At Biffa, we love working with waste. Whether we’re turning it into sustainable power, finding new ways to recycle it or simply keeping it off the streets, we believe every day is an opportunity to improve the lives of millions. It’s a view that’s shared by our 10,000+ people around the country, who trust us to provide them with a career that’s always rewarding, often challenging, but never dull.
And it’s why we’re the UK’s No. 1 choice for business waste management.
Help us make a difference as a Store Person at Biffa Teesside.
A quick look at the role.
To provide administrative support to the Engineering Manager including the administration of the engineering systems and Computer Maintenance Management System (CMMS) and production a number of reports for engineering KPI’s and cost reports. Providing support to arrange engineering activities and records
The Biffa division you’ll be supporting.
Within Resources & Energy we focus on the treatment, recycling and disposal of waste. It provides a number of treatment services for those materials that can be recovered and landfill disposal for those that are not suitable for recycling or energy recover.
Why it’s an opportunity not to be wasted.
- Comply fully with all safety instructions, policies and procedure to ensure a safe working environment for yourself and all others present
- Administrating the Pirana CMMS and R2C systems
- Ensuring all LOLER and PUWER inspections are completed and uploaded into R2C against correct equipment,
- Liaising with suppliers and organising servicing of Plant and equipment raising Reqs for all yards, sweeper, PPE, yard requirements and are sent to correct person for Authorisations
- Ensuring lifting equipment and safety harness checks are recorded LOLER inspections are in date
- Raising Work Orders for work force to ensure they can get parts from stores and completing all work orders with relevant information (liaising with work force)
- Order number report for each MRF for cost analysis ensuring costs are allocated to correct asset
- Helping with Stock take covering
- Working with yard managers to control stock in and out of yard stores
- Entering PO’s in Pirana and onto the central system
- Carry out weekly stock checks/audits to ensure actual stock levels are correct as in the CMMS
- Organising services for all mobile plant all sites
- Liaising with suppliers and raising requisitions for all maintenance and yard works to be carried out sending to correct authorisation person and organising delivery of equipment and service
Here’s what we require:
- Knowledge of engineering systems
- Knowledge of stores systems, CMMS
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Package (particularly Excel)
- Working in an engineering environment
- GCSE Grade A – C or equivalent (Maths, English)
- Computer literate
- Attention to detail
- Good organisation skills
And here’s why you’ll love it at Biffa.
• Ongoing career development, training and coaching – Because if you don’t grow, we don’t grow.
• Generous pension scheme.
• Retail and leisure discounts.
• Holiday and travel discounts.
• Life cover.
Dedicated to diversity.
At Biffa we believe different ideas, perspective and backgrounds are key to developing a creative working environment that delivers real results. It’s why you’ll find us championing diversity and equality at every turn.
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.