Teaching Assistant- EAL Support
Currently working in partnership with a client to support with international new arrivals in the Hartlepool local area’s. This role is for a patient individual who is familiar with EAL and can adapt support techniques and communication methods to help the young person feel comfortable and safe. Are you an experience Teaching Assistant or a Translater who has experience of supporting children, then this could be the role for you.
Start date: ASAP
Hours: 8:30-15:15 Monday-Friday
Year groups: KS3-KS4
The ideal candidate should have the following:
- Supported pupils one-to-one or in smalls groups.
- Experience of working as a Teaching Assistant or Transferable Skills
- Minimum level 2 Teaching and Learning support qualification or willing to complete
- Experience working with EAL Students
- Benefit to speak additional languages
- Available for full time work
- Enhanced DBS on Update Service (or willing to purchase)
- References to cover the last 2 years
- Be a confident person with a warm and friendly approach.
- Able to apply behaviour policies effectively and good de-escalation techniques
What can Protocol Education offer?
- Competitive rates of pay using a Pay As You Earn system (PAYE)
- Lots of opportunities for Continued Professional Development through free training courses (CPD)
- An honest and friendly team of recruitment specialists to support you
- A generous £250 Refer a Friend scheme (How many will you recommend?
It is also beneficial to hold a valid UK driving license
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.