£35,367 – £42,406
assuming good attendance and 3 sleep ins per month
Hours: Full-time / Part-time flexible shift patterns available
Those huge small victories
Working in our Children’s Homes means being a part of a young person’s day to day life. This means being there for the highest highs and lowest lows. Our team leaders enable our young people to get their childhood back and create pathways to become well rounded adults – an incredibly rewarding role to have. There will be challenges along the way but there will also be the smallest moments which feel like a huge small victory!
Our homes accommodate young people with social, emotional and mental health needs, and our aim is to create the best possible outcome for the young people in our care. Our team leaders are fulfilled by the idea of affecting even the smallest positive changes in our young people, so we celebrate the little things.
Get out what you put in
You’ll be a part of taking care of our young people day to day, making sure things run smoothly and creating lasting memories. As a team leader you will also make sure that the staff team are supported and the home is operating at our high standards, prepared to step up to deputise for the Registered and Deputy Managers. We’re looking for someone able to relate to and build relationships with our young people. Compassionate, emotionally resilient, and supportive, you’ll also be able to provide the leadership that inspires your colleagues.
What we do for you
We know you’re going to do great things. For your hard work and commitment, we reward you with the best salary and benefits package in the care sector. With us, you’ll get to make a genuine difference to the lives of our young people – plus you’ll get:
- Salary : Base salary of £31,087 – £38,126
- Bonuses : In addition to your base salary you’ll do up to 3 sleep ins per months, these are paid at £80 per sleep (approx. £2,880 per year and attendance allowance up to £1,400 per year.
- Training : A full 4-week induction on our Care Academy
- Holiday : You’ll work hard at WG, so you’ll be rewarded with 7 weeks’ holiday
- Progression : If career development is your thing, most of our team leaders and managers have been promoted from within our group – plus you could join our ‘Aspire’ future managers programme
- Flexible benefits package : meaning you can increase/decrease your holiday allowance, pension and life insurance – check out our benefits here
- Wellbeing: a host of wellbeing tools and advice including employee assistance
- Medical cover so you can claim back the cost of things like an opticians or dentist appointment and a host of high-street discounts
- Meals provided while you’re at work
- Beautiful working environments with the very best facilities – check out our homes here
- A recommend a friend scheme that offers a £2,000 bonus every time
Bring your whole-self to work
Here at Witherslack Group, we celebrate everyone’s differences as that’s what makes us the best at what we do. Our young people come from all walks of life, diverse backgrounds and with different needs – and our workforce reflects that diversity, so that our teams can engage, encourage and inspire our young people to be themselves. You don’t need experience, but there are a few things we’ll be looking for from you:
- A ‘can do’ attitude – a team player who rolls up their sleeves to help others
- We genuinely care about our young people (and each other) so honesty and empathy is a must
- The resilience to be able to deal with challenging situations
- A full UK driving licence which you’ve held for at least 12 months
- This role requires you to have the Level 3 Children’s Residential Care qualification
You’ll start life as a Team Leader by joining our ‘Care Academy’ – 4 weeks of off the job training with experienced WG professionals to help you feel confident and ready to support our young people.
Join the UK’s best special education and care provider
Our young people deserve the best possible future and we feel the same about our teams. You deserve to have the career you want, with a purpose-led employer, in an environment that allows you to be yourself .
The Witherslack Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its young people. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check (we will cover the cost) and an online search. We are an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community.
For a full job description and person specification, please see the attached document.
Children’s Support Worker / Residential Support Worker / Care Worker / Career in Care / Working with Children / SEMH
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.