Why join Stryker?
We are proud to be named one the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine! Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting
Our total rewards package offering includes bonuses, healthcare, insurance benefits, retirement programs, wellness programs, as well as service and performance awards – not to mention various social and recreational activities, all of which are location specific.
We’re looking for a talented, highly motivated sales professional who will be responsible for driving Stryker’s Foot and Ankle business in North East UK . You will be trained and certified to support the Foot and Ankle programme. This technical expertise will provide an advantage when selling all of Stryker’s products and services. As part of a high calibre, performance driven sales team, you must have a passion for delivering results, improving outcomes and making the lives of patients better.
This is not just a job; it is a career where you can grow, be developed and gain organisational influence by taking a path which can move in many different directions. Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with its customers, is driven to make healthcare better. The company offers innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes.
You should ideally live within reasonable distance of the territory, e.g Newcastle, Middlesborough, Hartlepool, Darlington, Sunderland.
The following are the specific performance objectives for the position. In assessing competency and fit, all candidates will be benchmarked against these standards.
1. Outperform the Market: Take over and gain market share for all Stryker Foot and Ankle products in the territory and exceed quarterly sales target within the first six months.
2. Maximize Current Stryker Business: Meet all current Stryker customers within the first month and create an immediate impact plan to overcome challenges of taking over the territory.
3. Develop Relationships with Potential New Customers: Within the first three months, engage five competitor surgeons, and influence through presentation on Stryker philosophies and instrumentation to groups of Surgeons and Allied Health Professionals. Meet all surgeons in territory within the first six months.
4. Become Product Expert: Demonstrate full Stryker Portfolio knowledge by passing the Stryker Initial Academy within the first six months. Portray further development of Stryker Portfolio knowledge by passing the Stryker Advanced Academy within the first 18 months.
5. Lead in Theatre Surgical Procedures. Spend quality theatre time and deliver theatre-staff training within the first three months. Independently lead in theatre surgical procedures within the first six months.
6. Research, Develop and Implement Territory-Specific Business Plan: Create a working document with clear, measurable objectives to achieve and exceed sales goals within the first three months. Learn to use the Stryker Sales Force Effectiveness Tool to maximize execution and customer engagement.
7. Demonstrate Continuous Development: Consistently meet and exceed quarterly and annual targets.
8. Lead Development and Implementation of Stryker Cross-Franchise Strategy: Take lead on coordinating and strategizing with Stryker cross-franchise colleagues on divisional deals with customers within twelve months. Win new business by effectively communicating, collaborating and closing these divisional deals from a Stryker partnership approach.
9. Implement Surgical Registrar Management System: Within twelve months, develop close relationships with Orthopaedic Registrars in territory to develop customer loyalty for future business. Create and maintain central database with registrar contacts and other related, pertinent information.
10. Develop and Implement Strategy Plan to Become Fastest Growing, Most Admired Medical Device Company within Territory: Develop and implement a territory-specific strategic plan to achieve the fastest market growth and become the most-admired among medical device competitors within twelve to eighteen months.
Experience & Competencies
Positive attitude, a “can do” solution orientated approach to succeed.
Self-motivated, you take ownership of your work and need no prompting to drive your learning, productivity, change, and outcomes.
Collaborative partners, you build and leverage relationships to bring together ideas, data and insights to drive continuous improvements and ultimately to secure wins within your own team as well as in other teams/functions across the business. Teamwork is an integral part of this role.
Goal Orientated, to thrive in this fast-paced environment you will stop at nothing to ensure you achieve your goals, keeping the patient/customer and their requirements squarely in focus, we want people who deliver safe and robust solutions.
High Ethics & Integrity, we want you to win in the right way, that’s a fundamental building block of Stryker’s vision of being the most admired company in healthcare.
Excellent communication and presentation skills
Excellent written and oral skills
2+ years successful sales experience in medical devices or healthcare industry preferred”
Working knowledge of the NHS, selling in a theatre environment or experience in Medical Devices, would be an advantage, but not essential
Strengths in accordance with Gallup profile
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program at
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.