A vacancy has arisen for a Store Team Member to join the Stores department based at the 20” Pipe Mill, Hartlepool.
The purpose of this position is to provide first-line support to the engineering and production teams providing equipment to manufacturing areas to ensure maximum availability at the 20” Mill.
The successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
– Receive and inspect incoming deliveries.
– Book and allocate materials into the stock management system.
– Maintain sufficient materials and spares to satisfy varying production and engineering requirements.
– Conduct physical inventory counts to maintain accurate stock figures.
– Apply First Aid as and when required (Training will be provided).
– Control signing in/out of contractors, check permit numbers/times and carryout contractors “Roll Call” during a Major Incident.
– Work with a proactive attitude to drive improvements in all aspects of your work and actively seek improvements to processes and products.
– Act in a safe manner at all times, complying with all rules and legislation and promptly report any hazards or unsafe practices detected.
– Ensure all areas of the department are always kept in a safe and tidy state via managed housekeeping practices.
– Take prompt and effective action on discovering quality non-conformances.
– You must have a good knowledge of engineering products and materials and also have experience of working effectively within a team.
– You will be required to operate a Pendant Controlled OHC and Forklift Truck, unload deliveries and control a safe and effective “Exclusion Zone”.
You must have a minimum of 12 months experience working in a stores/warehouse, preferably in an engineering environment as knowledge of engineering products and materials is a distinct advantage as you will be dealing with various trades both within the production facility and our suppliers.
You must be able to demonstrate you have attention to detail, accurate record keeping skills and have experience of working effectively within a team.
As you will be required to operate a Pendant Controlled OHC and Fork Lift Truck to unload deliveries and control a safe an effective ‘Exclusion Zone’. You must also be able to operate a fork-lift truck, without restriction. Preference will be given to those who have this (training/refresher training will be given as and if required).
It is essential that you have the ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally with a range of individuals on site. You must be able to work under pressure and plan your own workload effectively.
Computer literacy is also fundamental to the success of the role.
Experience in SAP Material Management would be an advantage although not essential as the necessary training will be provided.
A strong customer focus is essential for this position and your ability to provide positive and helpful service to a diverse customer group would be required.